Majid Albahkali received his BSc degree from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2004. He completed his co-up training and started working with Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson before joining King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST); a research institute in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in late 2004. He worked in different projects related to Saudi Satellites development before pursuing his higher education degrees. He earned his Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan Radiation Laboratory Ann Arbor in 2009. He joined the PhD program at University of Michigan in 2010 before transferring to the University of Sothern California with Prof. Moghaddam’s group in January 2012. His research interests are related to remote sensing and radar imaging, and his current work focuses on subsurface SAR imaging algorithm problems.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 2009.
- System Engineering Diploma, Orbits Institute, Riyadh, KSA, 2006.
- BSc in communication and electronics engineering with a degree of honor (high distinction),KSU, Riyadh, KSA, 2004.
- KACST higher education Scholarship, Riyadh, KSA, 2006. Saudconsult
- Engineering Students Award, Riyadh, KSA, 2003.
- Global Science Scholar award by Lucent Technology Foundation, Bell labs, Mary Hill, NJ, USA, 2001.
- First Place SLEUTH team project award, Lucent Technology Foundation, Bell labs, Mary Hill, NJ, USA, 2001.